Sunday, July 25, 2010

Following up on my last post, I wanted to talk about how a typical faculty person might quickly and easily create an ePub-based eBook just by selecting text and invoking an automated process on their desktop or laptop computer if that faculty person is fortunate enough to have a modern Macintosh computer.
I also wanted to show rather than describe how easy this can be so here's my first video screencast for this blog. I hope that each frame is worth 10,000 words to you.




You may want to download this ePub-based eBook, "side load" it into the iTunes application and synch to a device running the iBooks application (iPad, iPhone or iPod touch).

For the next episode, I'll try to show how a more complex eBook project would be done using this same Automator service so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment